Got the flu 3days ago&have had mostly fever&mild congestion.Now getting a sore throat. Always cold&weak. Starting to worry, feeling worse, visit er?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Virus

It appears that your virus is working its way down to the throat and later the trachea(windpipe).
This is not unusual for the flu and you're still in the viral stage. I would sit tight for now with tylenol (acetaminophen) unless there is worsening fever, shaking chills and heavy cough which could indicate a bacterial infection and probable need for an exam and antibiotics.

In brief: Virus

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology