How long should I wait to have a tummy tuck afterc section and what do u tjthink about tummy tucks (witch hazel)?

Dr. Gregory Buford
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It depends

I perform a significant number of tummy tucks (witch hazel) each year for my young mothers and feel that this is a great procedure when done by a qualified plastic surgeon with experience in this area.
I generally recommend waiting a few months following a c-section so that soft tissue swelling has gone done and your hormones have returned to a more natural state.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Gregory Buford
Dr. Gregory Buford

In brief: At least one

Year. It is a good operation for certain conditions, but not for others.
It is best to get opinion from plastic surgeon. It will not treat obesity.

In brief: At least one

Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: At least 6 months...

Great operation for the right patient; the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is medically/psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her,  does not smoke, is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
Best wishes.  

In brief: At least 6 months...

Best wishes.  
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Steven Charlap
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Wait until older

Before resorting to surgery, see if exercises will achieve a similar result, particularly at your age.
As you get older, exercise may not be as effective and if it really bothers you, in the hands of a good surgeon, it's fine.

In brief: Wait until older

Dr. Steven Charlap
Dr. Steven Charlap
2 comments
Dr. Gregory Buford
With all due respect, I completely disagree. The tummy tuck procedure achieves what can never be done with diet and exercise alone and that involves tightening of the midline rectus muscles. No amount of exercise will ever address a diastasis. You should wait until you're done having kids but there is really no appropriate age for this procedure. It really depends on your situation.
Dr. Steven Charlap
It's not surprising that a surgeon who performs the procedure would disagree with a wait and see approach.