Should I still breastfeed my child that has gastroenteritis?

Breast milk is considered one of the best nutrition sources available during gastro, in spite of concerns about lactose malabsorbtion.
It is available, accepted by baby& unlikely delivered in excessive quantity. It can be supplimented by other items;my favorites include apple sauce, banana & rice cereal.

Dr. Bryan Levey
Additionally, supplementing with a little yogurt or other probiotic supplement can help shorten time the baby has diarrhea.
Dr. Michael Amster
Probiotics help significantly in gastroenteritis, and can aid in reducing duration and intensity.
Breast milk is high in maternal probiotics. Plus hydration is the big key. Your exposure to the illness will create antibodies that cross back over the breast milk and help the baby fight the virus also.

Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Steven Seres