My regular opthalmologist wont refer me to retina specialist. I think I have detached retina ?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Detachment unlikely

Ophthalmologists are well trained to detect detachment and are very sensitive as to this possiblity because this is not a condition to be wrong about.
Is there something in your family history that makes this more likely? Have you had the classic symptoms: light flashing, floaters, greying of vision, traumatic history? I would guess you do not have a detachment. Second opinion?

In brief: Detachment unlikely

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Michael Colucciello
Ophthalmology

In brief: Asrs.org

Go to asrs.Org to get a name for a retina specialist in your area.

In brief: Asrs.org

Dr. Michael Colucciello
Dr. Michael Colucciello
Dr. Bernard Godley
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery

In brief: 2nd Opinion

Your ophthalmologist should be able to diagnose an rd with a dilated exam. If you are still concerned, seek a second opinion.

In brief: 2nd Opinion

Dr. Bernard Godley
Dr. Bernard Godley
Dr. Vicken Poochikian