My dentist will take me with no money. Will he be as good as another?

In brief: He may be generous

Almost every dentist does some charity care - often it is the very best dentists who have plenty of patients able to pay that gives her/him resources necessary to take some with no money.
Good for you! poor quality dentists are often struggling so much that they can't afford to do charity care.

In brief: He may be generous

Dr. Stephen Carstensen
Dr. Stephen Carstensen
Dr. Vance Harris

In brief: Compassion

Maybe your dentist is just being very compassionate.
Many physicians and dentists will see people despite the fact that they don't get paid just out of a sense of compassion and social responsibility.

In brief: Compassion

Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Marsha Davis