My heart is fluttering, flopping, skipping beats. Happens when I have trained for months and then relax at night?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: More noticeable then
People are more aware of palpitations at night or other times when they're quiet and resting because they're not distracted and are more sensitive to internal sensations.
Odds are your heart skips during the day too, as does everyone else's. If you've never been evaluated, and especially since you're involved in high level workouts, you should be evaluated, at least once, if you never have been.

In brief: More noticeable then
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology