I really want a home birth and have researched it. I get nothing but objections from ob and family. Isnt it my choice?

In brief: 19th century care

It may be pleasing to you to plan a delivery & control all the variables.
But this is not a wedding or baptism. About 10% of hospital deliveries end up with complications requiring specialized baby care. Roughly 20% of expected 1st deliveries need a cs for babies stress.Years from now will u be able to look in the mirror & say the kids CP would have happened anyway . Save diy for your kitchen.

In brief: 19th century care

Dr. Martin Raff
Choices should be made only after being fully informed on the risks and benefits. Dr. Ferguson is pointing out that the major risks are to your baby's health and welfare, and the baby is not being given a choice. Dangerous decision. Hope things go well.

In brief: What's best for baby

Choose what ever is best for your baby.
It depends what is available in your region and how close a hospital is in case of complications. How your pregnancy has evolved is also a factor you must consider. You might want to contact birthing centers and doulas that work closely with OB gyns.

In brief: What's best for baby

Choose what ever is best for your baby.
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Jonathan Jassey