My eyes are blood shot and hurt when I blink. Considering visine. Is that good?

Dr. Ilan Cohen
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
Redness and pain are markers for inflammation.
Visine treats the symtoms of inflammation but not the cause. See your eye doctor to determine the cause of the inflammation so that it does not persist.

In brief: No
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Melissa Neal
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
Redness in the eyes usually is your bodies way of telling you that there is some underlying inflammation or irritations.
Common causes are dry eyes, allergies, or blepharitis. It is important to treat the underlying cause and the redness will go away. Additionally, visine has a medication that will constrict the blood vessels, but when it wears off the eyes become redder.

In brief: No
Dr. Melissa Neal
Dr. Melissa Neal
Dr. Adam Smith