My doctor prescribed cymbalta (duloxetine). Does that add pounds?

It could. Antidepressants can have varying effects on weight. That being said, Cymbalta (duloxetine) is not one of the "weight gainers" where the probability is that the person is going to gain weight. All in all Cymbalta (duloxetine) should be weight neutral or not cause a change in weight or at most vary by +- 5-10 pounds.
Possible. Weight gain can occur in my experience this is an infrequent complaint by pts taking cymbalta (duloxetine).