My doctor prescribed me paxil (paroxetine). Does that make you gain weight?

Possibly Yes. Out of the ssri medications, Paxil (paroxetine) seems to be the one most common to contribute to weight gain (and this is on the fda adverse reaction list for this medication. Other ssris such as Prozac and zoloft (sertraline) do not have weight gain listed by fda as possible adverse reaction. Talk with your provider to consider alternatives if this possible weight gain concerns you.
It can. Paxil or paroxetine is an ssri that can result in weight gain due to its antihistamine effect (causes sleepiness and appetite increase in some). This may not affect you, but does affect a significant number of people. Pay attention to what and how much you eat as well as your appetite. If the appetite is too strong, let your doctor know.