My gums have been sore and red the past 2 days. I brush my teeth regularly, twice a day, but sometimes don't floss. What could be causing this?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Not flossing

Without flossing, you are not reaching one of the most important areas of your mouth-interproximally (in-bewteen your teeth).
These are areas prone to cavities and gum disease. See your dentist for an evaluation, you might have gingivitis, or it might be from a host of other possible causes. When was your last dental check-up and cleaning?

In brief: Not flossing

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Gingivitis

If you don't have any other symptoms, it appears that you have gingivitis perhaps from food particles, plaque or misalligned teeth, etc.
See your dentist for further evaluation and treatment if symptoms persist.

In brief: Gingivitis

Dr. Keegan Duchicela