Do they test babies for chickenpox with titers?

In brief: I never have
For the seasoned physician, chickenpox has typical enough blisters in most cases that confirmation by blood test is unnecessary & impractical.
If there is concern that grandma's diagnosis a month ago was wrong, its less expensive to vaccinate the child than do titers. In young adults & women considering pregnancy who want to be sure they are protected titers have great value.

In brief: I never have
Dr. Martin Raff
Excellent advice from Dr. Ferguson. Agree entirely
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: No
Chicken pox is a very easy diagnosis to make clinically, by seeing and examining the baby and the rash.
Titers take 7-10 days or more to become positive and by then the baby is recovering.

In brief: No
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Vicken Poochikian