What wil happen if my babys poop has my drugs in it when born?

Dr. Leto Quarles
In brief: Meconium drug test
Newborn meconium (stool) is tested for illegal drugs if doctor or child protection services have concerns.
What happens next depends on the laws in your state, but best option is always to stop using any drugs as early as possible, cooperate with all evaluations and interventions, and be very honest with your investigators and your medical team. Test can't predict whether baby will have problems.

In brief: Meconium drug test
Dr. Leto Quarles
Dr. Leto Quarles
In brief: State issue
If I am looking for drug use, I can sometimes find traces as far back as 20 weeks.
In my state, testing is not automatic, but if we do we can find it relatively easily. The kid goes to foster care & the mom is charged with child endangerment.Depending on the drug, the baby may go through immediate or delayed withdrawal that also may take other meds to treat.

In brief: State issue
Dr. Shontae Buffington