When did lmx become available? My nephew had no anesthesia and my son had injection. It was horrible for them.

Dr. Rita Agarwal
Anesthesiology

In brief: A while ago

Lmx has been avaialbe for several years.
It is an over the counter topical anesthetic that can numbthe skin and underlying structures. It can helo decrease pain associated with immunizatiosn and IV starts.

In brief: A while ago

Dr. Rita Agarwal
Dr. Rita Agarwal

In brief: OTC cream

Are you referring to l.
M.X.4? This is a topical anesthetic cream that you can buy over the counter, even from amazon. It is similar to Emla (lidocaine and prilocaine) - a prescription topical anesthetic cream popular in a pediatric clinic/hospital. Keep in mind it is only a topical anesthetic appropriate for IV placement and minor intervention.

In brief: OTC cream

Are you referring to l.
Dr. George T Tsai
Dr. George T Tsai
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management

In brief: What is LMX?

I would like to answer your question as I am an anesthesiologist but I am unfamiliar with lmx.
What do you mean by no anesthesia-do you mean he underwent a procedure without anesthesia or is this some type initials standing for something else?

In brief: What is LMX?

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: Several years

I assume you are talking about the topical anesthetic cream used to place an iv.
This agent has been around for several years. Your children do not necessarily have to have an IV to start their operation, talk to your anesthesiologist about the benefits and risks of mask induction.

In brief: Several years

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Shontae Buffington