Lower teeth are crooked too far back, which makes me have low self esteem. No dental coverage. Should I invest in braces?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Dental

Appearance is important part of first impression - with people, potential employers, and as you note self-esteem and how others view you.
Getting "cosmetc" services can be expensive, but seeing a professional about what you need, and how much it costs frames what it will take. Some will have financial solutions, others may accept deferred payment schedule, or even barter for your service skills.

In brief: Dental

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Absolutely

Sounds like it's time for a consultation with an orthodontic specialist to determine your specific needs and treatment options.
Go for it.

In brief: Absolutely

Go for it.
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Absolutely

Only if you want to uncrowd your teeth, correct your horizontal overbite, and improve your self esteem while at the same time making your mouth oh so much healthier and easier to maintain.
Ge see a qualified orthodontic specialist. They have all kinds of creative payment plans. Get all the info you can, then make the best decision. Good luck!

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Sure

In today's world a great looking smile is very important.
Invest the money and it will pay off big time. However before you undergo treatment for braces, see a general dentist to make sure all your teeth and gums are healthy.

In brief: Sure

Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Stephen Carter
Dentistry - Orthodontics

Any qualified orthodontist will be able to advise you.
The cost of braces for a lifetime of beautiful healthy smiles is certainly an investment, however it is an investment that will last much longer than any car or boat might.

Dr. Stephen Carter
Dr. Stephen Carter
Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: YES!

Ask yourself, what is the "cost" of low self-esteem the rest of your life.
Now, consider that for the cost of a mediocre and aging used car, you can have a beautiful smile crafted for you that will be a source of pride for the rest of your life. Your smile will radiate long after that used car is a pile of scrap metal in a junkyard. If it means that much to you, orthodontics is a real value!

In brief: YES!

Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dentistry

In brief: Brace benefits

Yes, especially if you have a low self esteem.
Your investment will be worth it. I do want to say that you shouldn't let your teeth control your self esteem because i'm sure you have so many other great qualities. However, I have been there and know what it feels like to not feel comfortable about one's smile. You'll be glad you did it!

In brief: Brace benefits

Dr. Shawn Murray
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dr. Arnon Rubin