Hard cough, thick mucus very sore throat red patches in back of throat?

Dr. Johnny Roy
Urology

In brief: Need an antibiotic

You probably have tonsilitis/pharyngitis why not see an md simple antibiotics in all likelihood will take of your problem.

In brief: Need an antibiotic

Dr. Johnny Roy
Dr. Johnny Roy
Dr. Brian Lynch

In brief: Sore throat

In these situations it is best to see a physician as soon as possible.
The likelihood is that you have a bacterial infection. Under such conditions the person needs to be examined in person and possibly tested for the type of infection. Most definitely something like this would be treated with antibiotics. Not all antibiotics are the same so please do not treat yourself. I appreciate cost.

In brief: Sore throat

Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine