I've been having a dry mouth the past week and a pharmacy ordered pilocarpine eye drops for me by request. Should I use it on top of tongue or beneath?

Dr. Larry Greenbaum
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Either or pill form

Pilocarpine helps salivary glands to make more saliva.
The medication comes in pill form also, but this treatment is of greatest benefit to patients with chronic dry mouth symptoms. Perhaps some of your medication is causing dry mouth symptoms, and your symptoms could be helped by eliminating some of your medication?

In brief: Either or pill form

Dr. Larry Greenbaum
Dr. Larry Greenbaum
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Pilocarpine

It should not make much of a difference but i would suggest under the tongue where it will be absorbed more readily.
You can run that by the pharmacist and\or prescribing doctor as well.

In brief: Pilocarpine

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: Vague

I would call the pharmacy and ask for the proper instructions.
Your doctor may want you to use it a certain way, but don't use until you are totally confident in how to use.

In brief: Vague

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Marsha Davis