I'm taking terbinafine HCl 250 mg tablet once a day, can I also take fluticasone propionate nasal spray 40 mcg for my flu? Will it be bad together?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Allergies

These medications are not for the flu, but for allergies.
Fluticasone is very effective at diminishing the nasal and sinus inflammation.

In brief: Allergies

Dr. Vicki Levine
if you truly have the flu which means you have fever muscle aches joint pain and severe fatigueyou should be on a different medication if it is not too late.
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: No problem

Topical spray rarely if ever has drug interaction issues.
However, as pointed out elsewhere, fluticasone for nasal allergies and not for flu. If your symptoms have responded to fluticasone , then what you have is allergic rhinitis. Caution should be exercised with drugs which are metabolized through the liver when taking terbinafine.

In brief: No problem