I suffer from agoraphobia, do not leave home alone. Now depressed after many stressful events.Starting new meds soon. Psychotherapy or anxiety speclst?

Dr. Robert Stewart
Clinical Psychology

In brief: A psychotherapist

Who specializes in treating anxiety would be an anxiety specialist.
I don't understand the distinction you're asking about. Do you have anxiety specialists who are not psychotherapists or psychologists where you live? Any competent mental health professional should be able to help with both anxiety and depression. Cognitive behavioral therapy would work for either one.

In brief: A psychotherapist

Dr. Robert Stewart
Dr. Robert Stewart
Dr. Kristine Gerwell
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Therapy

You need to work with someone that can coordinate with your prescribing doctor and can actresses the anxiety and depressive symptoms.
Hang in there. You're on track now.

In brief: Therapy

Hang in there. You're on track now.
Dr. Kristine Gerwell
Dr. Kristine Gerwell

In brief: Psychiatrist

If i understand your question correctly, you are wondering with whom to consult for your depression, after starting new medications and having stress.
Please consult with your treating psychiatrist... You may be having side effects to your medications, you may need an antidepressant, you may need all of the above and psychotherapy. Talk this through with your doctor.

In brief: Psychiatrist

Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg