How long before pain goes after second Achilles operation. I am 17 weeks post operation second time to same Achilles to shorten?

Dr. Steven Bernstein
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Achilles surgery

17 weeks is very long to still have residual pain from this surgery.
Please ask you surgeon or even get a second opinion if need be.

In brief: Achilles surgery

In brief: Need more information

Remember the greek mythology , what achilles went through as it is the weakest part of our skeletal system , its repair has high failure rate than any tendon repair in the body, be patient follow your doctors advise and discuss

In brief: Need more information

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: I would inform

Your surgeon of your pain.
Some plan should be in place to help ease this pain. Are you in physical therapy? What have you done so far?

In brief: I would inform

Your surgeon of your pain.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: 2nd time=harder

Ur recovery takes 6-8 wks 2 heal well, then a long rehab in pt 2 regain motion proceeding 2 strengthening, then gentle running straight line, latter cutting, cutting, ; jumping.
1 year 2 get back 2 heavy use as sports.

In brief: 2nd time=harder

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Not sure

I am not sure long it will take.
..What i can suggest to speed the healing is to see an acupuncturist. I have had repeated success with all kinds of issues....But pain is readily relieved with acupuncture and chinese medicine.It helps recovery from pain, surgery, restores circulation to the area...

In brief: Not sure

I am not sure long it will take.

In brief: Achilles

As said , there should be a plan in place for this .
Additionally , get back to your treating physician for an evaluation.

In brief: Achilles

Dr. Jane Van Dis