How would I know if I have a detached retina?

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: Vision loss, floater

The classic symptoms of retinal detachment are a large number of floaters and sparks in front of one or both of the eyes, as well as sudden and painless vision loss.
If you are experiencing any or all of these symptoms, see an eye doctor immediately. There is a better chance of regaining your sight if it is treated within 2 days of onset.

In brief: Vision loss, floater

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Bernard Godley
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery

In brief: See EyeMD

Common symptoms associated with rd are floaters, flashing lights, loss of peripheral vision, and decreased vision.
It is possible to have an asymptomatic rd. The best way to be sure is to see in ophthalmologist and have a dilated exam done.

In brief: See EyeMD

Dr. Bernard Godley
Dr. Bernard Godley