I want to try acupuncture to treat my endocarditis. Is this wise?

No. Endocarditis is a very serious infection on the valves of the heart. Antibiotics are necessary to get rid of the bacteria, and to reduce the complications that can come from this infection. Acupuncture may be helpful as an additional therapy to help you feel better, but cannot get rid of the infection.
No. Endocarditis is an infection of the heart valves. Left untreated it can result in destruction of the valve, spreading infection, heart failure and death. Accupuncture is not a recommended treatment for infections of any type. Please follow you physicians recommendations.
No. Endocarditis usually means that an infection has occurred on a valve. Usually these are do to bacteria and require intravenous antibiotics for an extended period of time. Failure to eradicate the infection can result in irreversible damage to the valve.
No. Endocarditis is a potentially life altering infection of a heart valve. Acupuncture has no documented benefit in this regard. It would be wise to seek more traditional treatments, such as antibiotics administered IV in a hospital, rather than risk your health and well being on a treatment that has no sure benefit.
Western Med 1st. Please use conventional western medical treatment for your endocarditis. Talk with your physician about using acupuncture as an adjunct to strengthen chi. There are many western trained physicians who have secondary training in acupuncture (medical acupuncture) who can collaborate with your medical team to provide adjunctive support.
No. Acupuncture has many uses in medicine for treatment of various illnesses. However endocarditis is not treated by acupuncture and thus delaying proper treatment could have serious consequences.
No. I would not rely on acupuncture to treat endocarditis, which, as my colleagues mention, is a life-threatening condition that requires IV antibiotic treatment. However, acupuncture may be a useful adjunct to conventional therapy & most acupuncturists are qualified to prescribe chinese herbal medicine, which may be even more helpful as an adjunct to (but not a substitute for) antibiotic therapy.
No. There is no role for acupunture, only antibiotics and close monitoring. Perhaps where acupunture might be of help is for decreasing anxiety but one must be wary of this method not appropiate for a serious infection such as endocarditis.
No. Endocarditis is an infection. If antibiotics are not used to cure the infection then the heart valve could be destroyed by the bacteria. This type of infection can be so bad that if it does not kill you it could leave you a 'cardiac cripple' because of the resulting congestive heart failure.
No. Although acupuncture can be effective in treating some musculoskeletal, nerve and pain conditions, it has not been shown to be effective in treating infections. Endocarditis is a potentially life-threatening infection of the heart and must be treated by a physician with intravenous antibiotics. This is not a time to experiment with acupuncture.
No. I am not an acupuncturist but know from experience that acupuncture can be used to treat a whole modality of illnesses from chronic pain disturbances to GI upset. I do not believe however it can treat a serious condition such as endocarditis. Endocarditis requires IV antibiotics usually in a hospital setting. Untreated endocarditis can lead to sepsis and septic emboli that can cause stroke.
No. Endocarditis can rapidly escalate to a life threatening emergency. While there is a role for acupuncture in many aspects of modern medicine, it would not be appropriate in this case. Current standard medical treatment for endocarditis includes close monitoring, often during an inpatient hospitalization, intravenous (through your vein) antibiotics, and hear testing remains the mainstay of care.
No. Endocarditis is a serious, potentially fatal infection. The primary treatment is antibiotics, and it should be managed by a medical doctor. However, acupuncture may help ease symptoms more quickly, and is safe to combine with the medical treatment.