Could a plantar wart HPV move to my cervix and cause me cervical cancer?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: NO
Plantar warts are caused by a virus, but not one that is known to affect or infect the cervix.

In brief: NO
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: No
Warts cannot migrate to cause cancer. If you have been exposed to hpv through sexual contact, you may be at risk for hpv-associated cervical cancer, but having a plantar wart cannot cause you to get cervical cancer.

In brief: No
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: Highly unlikely.
These do not move.
They cause disease at the site of cantact. If a cervical hpv lesion became advanced, it might spread to other areas of the body, but not simply from the site of contact. However, if one is on the foot, there may possibly be others on the genitalia, or other sites. See your doctor to be sure.

In brief: Highly unlikely.
These do not move.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Arnon Rubin