I fell 6 days ago landing on my forearm by my elbow. It bruised significantly. Now it is a burning pain w/ a lump by the bruise. Hand numb at times?

Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery

In brief: Ulnar nerve

There is a nerve right by the elbow-the ulnar nerve that can be injured.
The bruise itself may be a hematoma that can cause pressure or irritation of the nerve. That should get better over time. Numbness going into the 4th and 5th fingers would be indicative of injury/irritation of the ulnar nerve. The natural history is that it should get better over a few weeks. If not, see your doctor.

In brief: Ulnar nerve

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Nerve Entrapment

If this doesn't resolve after a few days, consider seeing a sports medicine doctor or physiatrist to see if there is any testing needed to be done regarding that burning pain and hand numbness issue.

In brief: Nerve Entrapment

Dr. Bac Nguyen
probably the nerve by the elbow, the ulnar nerve, got a bit injured with the fall. Once the bruising/swelling resolve, the burning/tingle should as well. OTC such as motrin/aleve may help with pain for now.