Can wearing a tight bra put pressure on your chest and cause breathing problems like shortness of breath?

Tight Bra and Dyspne. A tight bra can cause minor discomfort in breathing if it is very tight, but the rib cage is bony and so this effect is limited. Further, this matter can be easily tested in a given person by loosening the bra slightly. Significant breathing problems are likely due to other causes, primarily lung and heart conditions, but also nasal blockages, anxiety and severe anemia my contribute.