Can depression make you fall out of love with someone?

Dr. Donald Jacobson

You can lose your emotional tone necessary for connectedness.
That is why we do not recommend that people make any life decisions until depression lifts.

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Neil Liebowitz

Is is falling out of love or just loss of emotions? Depression can cause someone to lose all positive feelings.
While a relationship can be supportive, it can also feel like a burden, when just dealing with one's own life seems overwhelming. I always recommend therapy for both the depressed and the significant other. I also discourage separation until the depression has been treated.

Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal

In brief: yes

But it might be temporary till your depression lifts.

In brief: yes

Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
Dr. Eric Weisman