I was wondering what are some complications of gastric bypass surgery?

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics

In brief: Complications

The worst complication is a leak which occurs 3% of the time nationwide (but about .
5% of the time if you go a very experienced surgeon). Bleeding, infection, bowel obstruction, anesthesia complications are others, and these typically occur at 1% or less of the time. It is a safe operation, but go to someone that has done thousands of them. For example, my group has done over 5000.

In brief: Complications

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. Mathew Chengot
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Many

All depends on the individual case gerd/ mal nutrition, rapid loose in weight edema extra skin to deal with rebound gain in weight if one changes the eating and food habits remember it is not a cure rather a charged way of life.

In brief: Many

Dr. Mathew Chengot
Dr. Mathew Chengot