Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) or nonstimulant better in general for add?

Stimulant>Nonstim. In general, for adhd, stimulant treatment has been shown to have greater efficacy and work faster than nonstimulants. Nonstimulants are helpful, but take 4-6 weeks to kick in. Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is one type of stimulant medication, but there are many others. One would favor nonstimulant treatment if there is sensitivity to stimulants, tics, history of stimulant abuse (cocaine/methamphetamine), etc.
ADD. Stimulants are the gold standard for add treatment. Some of the non stimulants may work as well for some people, but none are better.