Acne skin care question. Is salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide better?

Dr. Mark Taylor
Dermatology

In brief: Both products help

Both products can be helpful, however one may work better for you than another. You can try one or the other or use them both.

In brief: Both products help

Dr. Mark Taylor
Dr. Mark Taylor
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Acne care

Looking at and comparing the pros and cons of both salicylic acid vs benzoyl peroxide they are both very evenly matched with no real winners.
I find benzoyl peroxide better for my acne, but then there are also may people who would disagree and go with salicylic acid is better at treating acne. So if you have never used either treatments use one then the other for 30 days. See what is best.

In brief: Acne care

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher