1 week after c-section my feet and legs are looking very swollen today?

Dr. Ron Eaker

In brief: Common

Your body is going through a number of physiologic and hormonal changes after giving birth.
If you didn't have any problems with the pregnancy (i.e. Hypertension or pre eclampsia) it is most likely normal fluid shifts and will resolve with time. Keep your feet elevated as much as you can and avoid salty foods. If you can, make sure your blood pressure is good.

In brief: Common

Dr. Ron Eaker
Dr. Ron Eaker
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Exactly what I tell my patients.
Dr. Luis Gonzalez

In brief: Swollen legs

Tis is not unusual as fluid redistributes from the pregnant state.
Check your blood pressure and restrict your salt intake. This may be transient but your doctor may consider a short course of diuretics.

In brief: Swollen legs

Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Jane Van Dis