Why does my wife continue to get yeast infections? Is my semen feeding the yeast?

Dr. Bryan Treacy
Gynecology
In brief: It's all about pH
Remember acid/base balance? The normal pH of a woman's vagina is 4.
0. The pH of semen is 8.0 and of menstrual blood is 7.4. This is one of the questions i want to ask god when i meet him. A woman's vagina can be a petri dish for infections. Yeast is common but bacterial vaginal infections are 10x more common due to the above referenced pH imbalance.

In brief: It's all about pH
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. George Klauber
Thank you Dr Higginbotham. I defer to your greater and more up to date experience.
In brief: Likely, No
This is likely not a concern.
She should see a primary care probider for recurrent vaginitis. It may be a sign of something else.

In brief: Likely, No
This is likely not a concern.
Dr. Eric Umbreit
Dr. Eric Umbreit
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: Maybe. Could be you
Both of you need to treated, otherwise you can reinfect.
However, your wife may just be very prone. Probiotics, such as live culture yogourt may help to prevent recurrence.

In brief: Maybe. Could be you
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Adam Smith