I believe I have a abcess under one of my teeth but in the back of my mouth and my throat has red, white and sometimes dark patches, is it a infection?

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry

In brief: Get it checked

It is very plausible that the infection is spreading to the surrounding areas and it must be taken seriously, please see a dentist asap, the infection can spread to the base of the brain as well.
Get well. Dr mokbel, scdentalimplants.Com.

In brief: Get it checked

Dr. Russell Chin
Dentistry

In brief: Oral cancer

You need to see dentist asap the redness could be from abscess but it's the white and dark patches that a concern.
You don't have to be a smoker or use rod tobacco products to get oral cancer.

In brief: Oral cancer

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry

In brief: Possibly

That abscess you have under a molar tooth in the back can spread to your throat and cause more problems, see your dentist for treatment asap

In brief: Possibly

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine