At hospital I was told I had high blood pressure? I checked at home and it's fine 3 times at home?

Dr. Mark Rasak
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Could still be

First make sure your blood pressure cuff at home is accurate.
Bring it in to your drs office and compare it to a manual measurement in both arms. An echo of the heart with left ventricular hypertrophy ( a thick muscle) might mean you have high pressure and not be aware of it. The ekg might also show this. If all good then possibly was high due to stress.

In brief: Could still be

Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Mark Rasak

In brief: White coat hypertsn

It is well known that the anxiety of being examined for any reason, illness or not can bring on an elevation in blood pressure in many people.
This usually fades as the person has the pressure taken in other non stressful settings. Monitor your BP for a while to be sure. Early am or late afternoon readings for several days should give you a pattern. Make sure your equipment is working properly.

In brief: White coat hypertsn

Dr. Marsha Davis