When can I start wearing my contacts again when I have had pink eye?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: When better

You should wait until the condition responds which means the redness is almost gone, the eye feels fine and the vision is normalized.

In brief: When better

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Melissa Neal
Ophthalmology

In brief: Infection Cleared

Ophthalmologist get this question alot.
If you are a contact lens wearer who develops a red eye, it is important to see an eye doctor to make sure you do not have a ulcer on the cornea. If you have seen an eye physician and he/she confirms pink eye, then you should not start contact lens wear until your eyes are not red. Be sure to start wear with a new solution, contact case and contacts.

In brief: Infection Cleared

Ophthalmologist get this question alot.
Dr. Melissa Neal
Dr. Melissa Neal
Dr. Jonathan Jassey