I found an extra piece of skin in my tongue this morning, its like a part of my tongue but its white, what could it be?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: In\on Tongue?

This needs to be seen and evaluated in person and not via the internet.
If it is in the center in front underneath your tongue it is most likely a lingual frenum which is normal anatomy. If it's on top it may be elongated papillae (taste bud) or a papilloma. There is no way to accurately diagnose this without personally seeing it. White patch could be candidiasis, leukoplakia. See your dentist.

In brief: In\on Tongue?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler

In brief: Leukoplakia

If its a thickened, white patches on your gums or the insides of your cheek or even the bottom of your mouth or your tongue it could be leukoplakia.
These patches can't be scraped off. Usually related to smoking and should prompt an exam by your ENT or dentist.

In brief: Leukoplakia

Dr. Jarrod Kaufman
Dr. Jarrod Kaufman