I contracted west nile virus. Am I at risk for viral meningitis?

There is often a encephalitis or meningitis component to this disease.
However, in the vast majority of people with disease, there is no neurological symptoms. If you are immunocompromised (very young, very old, have hiv, etc) then you may be more susceptible. If you have fever, headaches, fatigue, malaise, nausea, vomiting, you may be showing central nervous system signs and symptoms.

Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: West Nile Virus
In less than 1% of infected people, the virus causes a serious neurological infection.
These infections include encephalitis, meningoencephalitis, meningitis, and west nile poliomyelitis.

In brief: West Nile Virus
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Marsha Davis