My husband got boils/spots 4month ago r big, painful, red in his head and chest, doctor give antibiotics but no results, could be sign of HIV or diabetes?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Extreme Skin

Nothing in your note describes an HIV infection or diabetes.
If you had been to my office i would want to know the treatment i instituted did not work and then try Plan B or get my patient to a skin specialist. Have you been back to the doctor?

In brief: Extreme Skin

Dr. Susan Arnoult

In brief: Possibly

Both HIV and diabetes cause immunosuppression and increased susceptibility to infections.
See doctor for testing.

In brief: Possibly

See doctor for testing.
Dr. Satish Sundar
Extreme but possible causes. One should look at resistant bacteria like MRSA by culture test on the pustule, and followup with appropriate antibiotics.
Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Not likely.

This is much more likely just a skin infection although depending upon specific exposure could be something completely unrelated.
Diabetes and HIV do not usually present like this.

In brief: Not likely.

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine