Am I more likely to get gestational diabetes if I eat a lot of meat?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: No
You are more likely to get it only if you eat so much meat that you are gaining an excessive/abnormal amount of weight (leading to obesity).

In brief: No
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Michael Rothman
In brief: No - avoid carbs
Gestational diabetes is the result of excessive sugar and carbohydrate intake which causes high blood sugar levels, which then make your Insulin levels rise.
Over time the chronically high Insulin levels lead to Insulin resistance and you will need to make higher and higher levels of insulin. Eventually your sugars will rise. Carbohydrates, not fats are what cause gdm and dm itself.

In brief: No - avoid carbs
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Peter Kurzweil