I had a lower frenectomy and it is not healing. The area that the skin was removed from is not closing up. Should they have put stitches to help out?

Dr. John Scuba
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Frenectomy problems

Your wound should heal in around 10 days, and it may look quite inflamed during this time, leading you to think it's "not healing'.
Resorbable stitches (often a concern for patients who mistakenly think they cause pain) should be used as the procedure done correctly can make a large wound which must be closed. You need to discuss your concerns with your provider, better yet an oral surgeon.

In brief: Frenectomy problems

Dr. R Lee Hinson
Laser surgery for frenectomy can be completed without sutures.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Frenectomy

How long ago was the frenectomy done.
? These things usually heal uneventfully. It takes awhile for healing, generally about 10-14 days. I don't place sutures when performing this procedure. You should discuss this with the dentist who did the surgery.

In brief: Frenectomy

How long ago was the frenectomy done.