Could I have type 3 (hypermobility) ehlers danlos syndrome or hypermobility syndrome? My parents don't have eds.

Unlikely. Ehlers danlos is an inherited condition, so if it doesn't run in your family, it's very unlikely that you have it. If your joints are unusually flexible you may just be more limber than normal. But if you are worried about it, see your doctor and find out for sure.
See details. The difference is a matter of degree. Eds is most often a recessively inherited disorder so parents usually do not have the disease.