I take Lexapro for ptsd used to take geodon, (ziprasidone) abilify, trazodone and seroquel what are other meds for ptsd?

In brief: Dr Jacobson is RIGHT

Minipress (prazosin) is a wonderful medication for nightmare control in some people where nothing else works.
Quite a revolutionary step in some very bad and chronic cases for parasomnias (nighmares) in folks with PTSD. Ask your doctor about it if you suffer from this condition.

In brief: Dr Jacobson is RIGHT

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
In fact, let me go one step further with my answer by saying that I use prazosin as a first line drug because it has been meticulously researched, published, and has SPECIFICITY for nightmare control due to its pharmacological mechanism of action in the area of brain where we believe this type parasomnia associated with PTSD occurs. It does not cause dependency and its dose can be finely tuned.
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: PTSD

Prazosin is another option, worth talking to your doctor about.

In brief: PTSD

Dr. Devon Webster
It really depends on what symptoms you are most affected by. For nightmares, prazosin or clonidine can be helpful. If daytime anxiety is a big part of your symptoms, then something else might be better. Ask your psychiatrist.