What's the best pain relief that's not a narcotic?

Dr. Brian Siegel
Pain Management
In brief: There are a few
Non steroidal anti inflammatories (nsaids) are excellent pain relievers.
800 mg of Ibuprofen is equally potent as 8-10 mg of morphine. Acetaminophen ( tylenol) is also very good, but should be limited to 3000 mg per day. Ultram( tramadol) is a non narcotic pain medication that requires a prescription, it has a much less abuse potential than the commonly prescribed opiods, used 4 moderate pain.

In brief: There are a few
Dr. Brian Siegel
Dr. Brian Siegel
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management
In brief: What works for you
There are many analgesic pain relievers.
However, not all of them work for everybody. In addition, the type of pain influences the choice of pain reliever. My suggestion, speak with a good pain management physician. He/she will help pick something that will work best for your particular situation.

In brief: What works for you
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Vikram Patel