What can I do to protect my child if there is a pandemic or public warning about the flu?

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz

In brief: Immunize

Immunize the baby if she is six months of age or older as soon as the current year's vaccine is available.
It is also important to immunize anyone in the household against flu as that will further reduce the baby's exposure.

In brief: Immunize

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz

In brief: Wash hands

First of all - be sure that your child (as long as he is 6 months of age or older), as well as the rest of the family is vaccinated against influenza yearly.
Then, wash hands, wash hands, wash hands. You can wash with soap and water or use a hand cleanser. Other ways to avoid infection include not sharing foods or drinks.

In brief: Wash hands

Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine