I now taking linisopril switching from Benicar (olmesartan) .My BP is 156/94 first few readings but goes down to 130/80 after taking it ten times do I need to swit?

Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Hypertension?

You need to ask your physician (p) why the change was made and get the p's insight of how well your BP is controlled.
You also do not mention the dose of Benicar (olmesartan) that you were on nor the dose of Lisinopril you are currently taking. Perhaps, an increased dose of Lisinopril is what you need to be a BP systolic target of less than 140 mm.

In brief: Hypertension?

Dr. Payam Mehranpour
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Maybe

You shouldn't take your blood pressure ten times in a row.
Once would be fine but rest for a few minutes before you check. Keep a log of your readings and review with your doctor. If not controlled with Lisinopril 20 mg, you may need to add another medication to your regimen.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology