How common are suicide attempts?

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology

In brief: There are

10 - 20 million suicide attempts a year as well as 800.
000 - 1 million suicides a year. It is a very serious problem worldwide. Often the attempts are cries for help that can trigger much needed psychotherapy which can prevent suicides and help people go on to lead healthy productive lives.

In brief: There are

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Over 100/day (USA)

I'll link you to a cdc fact sheet.
There are probably big variations in age, gender, region, economic and family status - etc., etc. Also degree of lethality of method can vary. It is a serious issue and has historic roots to earliest time. Many times temporary problems lead sensitive, vulnerable people to a irreversible act. It hurts - in many ways. Be well.

In brief: Over 100/day (USA)

I'll link you to a cdc fact sheet.
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine