Somebody said the baby would steal calcium from my bones if I don’t drink enough milk. Are they just trying to scare me? I’m 18 and pregnant.

Dr. Luis Gonzalez
In brief: Not scaring !
Everything the baby gets to build his/her tissue comes from you.
Iron for blood tissue is easier to replenish by proper diet and iron supplementation. Calcium loss is harder to recoup . Enjoy sunlight, exercise and calcium rich foods like spinach and nuts. It doesn't have to be milk.

In brief: Not scaring !
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
In brief: No
Pregnancy will take whatever nutrients baby needs for growth and send them across to baby when needed.
That includes calcium. If you do not take in enough calcium during pregnancy it will be extracted from your bones and sent to baby.To some extent, pregnancy is designed to give baby the best chance of survival, you become secondary and must be sure to take care of your added needs.

In brief: No
Dr. Cindy Juster