Can I use herbs instead of medicines for my child without being accused of abuse or neglect?

In brief: Know the difference

There are a number of life-threatening illnesses for which herbal remedies simply do not work, regardless of what anyone on the internet may claim. Failing to seek proper care for these illnesses goes beyond abuse or neglect.

In brief: Know the difference

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky

In brief: Maybe

Neglect may be omission.
If you child suffers as consequence to anything you choose to do or not do it is your responsibility. Think about the child first.

In brief: Maybe

Neglect may be omission.
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: It Depends

It really depends upon the problem. For example, if your child had proven bacterial meningitis and you used herbs instaed of antibiotics, the authorities may get involved.
If you used oral arsenic, they may talk to you.Chamomille tea for sleeping, probably would be under the radar.

In brief: It Depends

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond