Why do big health insurance companies pay their executives so much? I can’t pay my premium or my deductible, and I live in fear that i’ll get sick or injured.

Dr. Slade Suchecki

In brief: You aren't Alone

I imagine they have much responsibility, which may justify their salaries; however with constant rising premiums and reduced reimbursments, i feel the patients and physicians end up suffering the most.
Fortunate for you, there are a number of compassionate physicians who will work with patients in need - in their clinics or in free clinics around the country. Hope may be on horizon w/ new laws.

In brief: You aren't Alone

Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
You have come to the heart of the matter pertinent to the mess we r in. Health insurance companies, including massive hospital systems that self insure and self refer are big business, where the bottom line is the purse, not the person. In my upcoming blog, I will dissect every aspect of what is inherent in your question, and my hopes for American medicine. Stay tuned.