What are the side effects of secondary cataract laser surgery?

There are a few. Yag laser capsulotomy is done when a person develops opacification of the posterior capsule following cataract surgery. The procedure of opening the capsule is done to improve the vision. Side effects are not common, but include inflammation, retinal detachment and cystoid macular edema, together with transient elevation of intra-ocular pressure.
Floaters pressure. Your operating surgeon should discuss this with you. Immediately you can have elevation of intraocular pressure. Short term inflammation in the eye called uveitis. Medium to long term, floaters, lens glare, posterior vitreous detachment, retinal tear and retinal detachment.