1 weeks ultrasound done-detected with single ventricle problem, should I be concerned?

Serious CHD. Several congenital heart diseases appear as "single ventricle" on fetal ultrasound. All of these are serious diseases and all require multiple surgeries and hospitalizations for long-term survival. While long-term survival is possible, there is significant long-term mortality and morbidity in all of these diseases. Care should be at a center with expert teams in pediatric cardiac care.
Yes. The birth defect of a single ventricle or pumping chamber of the heart is a serious defect.It will generally require a surgical repair.The good news is that , altho the road ahead may be bumpy, the overall heart outlook is good, if that is the only defect. A prenatal consultation with a pediatric cardiologist is important.